Is fundraising overwhelming? We've pulled together advice from funders and founders to help you get started!
“How do I raise money?!?” is by far the number one question we’re asked by entrepreneurs. We’ve written a lot on the need for innovative business models and fundraising strategies for entrepreneurs that are focused on impact — but we know it can still be overwhelming. So we decided to put all this information in one place.
Consider this infographic your one stop shop on the nuts and bolts of raising capital for your startup. In it, we surface some of the most frequently asked questions, and offer tips for navigating the world of startup fundraising.
- How do you develop a networking strategy that works for you?
- How can you learn from rejection?
- How can you become a “resource magnet”?
- How honest should you REALLY be with potential funders?
Download it, share it, put it to use, and let us know what you think. You can find a printer-friendly version here, and more detailed information in our series of four posts (linked throughout the infographic):
- Getting Creative about Early-stage Funding – From IOUs to Side Hustles
- Funding to Scale Your Startup: From Angel Investors to Accelerators
- What Funders are Looking For: Five Key Indicators You’ll be a Good Investment
- Six Rules for Reaching out to Funders
Help Us Spread the Word
Our goal is to share information that can be helpful whether you’re starting a for-profit or nonprofit, a social impact tech company or an online organizing platform… or the next new model altogether! You can help by joining the conversation on Twitter with the hashtag #capitalforimpact, or Tweeting about it:
Fundraising got you down? @newmediaventure put together some great resources to help impact entrepreneurs raise startup capital. http://bit.ly/2tozXua #capitalforimpact #socent